Wednesday 24 April 2013

This is me, staying put

I find myself again getting restless, getting tired of the routine of my 9-5 job and tired of the horrid April snow storms that move in every Monday like clockwork from the west. Maybe I'm not used to settling down, or maybe the weight of adulthood has finally caught up with me and crashed down upon my head. I find solace in the songs that express what I cannot and which play on loop through my head while I swim slow laps in the pool every morning.

The best part of my day is right before I go to sleep, after my shower, when i'm cuddled up in bed reading whichever book I've picked off the shelf. I have an ever-growing stack next to my bed of books I am working through, each specific to a mood or a feeling which will ease me into sleep.

The more restless I become, the more desperately I throw myself into the world of my books, textbooks, poetry, literature, more poetry, anything and everything to distract me from pending responsibilities.

This will be the longest I have lived in one place since high school and perhaps that's what is so scary. Perhaps it's going back to school which has me so on edge. Maybe I just need it to be warm and sunny and colorful outside again.

No comments:

Post a Comment