Thursday 27 February 2014

Grad School is NOT Grown Up

I have found yet another way to put off being an adult: Grad School! Sure, it seems grown up and is filled with responsibilities BUT it is still not truly adult, and here is why:

1. I can wear leggings to work any day.
2. I can dye my hair purple (which is already done) and no one will mind.
3. I can buy 3lbs of cheap coffee at Costco and when people look at me funny I can again reply, "I am a student."
4. I'll have an income, without actually having a career (even though have as much lab work and teaching work as a career) I'll also be getting paid (barely) to go to class!
5. Because I said so

Heres to 6 more years (at least) of not being a grown up! And to my newest adventure: attempting a PhD in cellular aging genetics.




<>>><

No comments:

Post a Comment